When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness -- and call it love -- true love. - Robert Fulghum

Monday, November 14, 2011

All I know about love...

I learned from my grandparents!

I realized this morning that today would have been my grandparents 58th wedding anniversary.


For two people who married 6 weeks after they met, they had an amazingly long and wonderful life together. I once asked my grandmother how the heck they managed to stay together so long. "Respect and the ability to laugh when things get tough...and a whole lot of patience on my part!" It wasn't always easy, but you could see how much they loved each other and were a unit.

I miss seeing that, but it's something that has stuck with me and it what I strive for with my own marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment