When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness -- and call it love -- true love. - Robert Fulghum

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wonderfully Geeky Proposal

Love, love, love the geekiness of this proposal! From ING blog.



We had been playing the original Legend of Zelda on an emulator the previous weekend. (My fiance owns the original NES cartridge too, but the emulator makes hacking easier.) A few nights before, he and his roommate finished it, so he asked if I wanted to do the second quest. I said sure, so he turned on the computer and I started playing. When I entered the cave with the old man, (who normally says “It’s dangerous to go alone. Take this!”) who gives you a sword, it instead said what you see in the picture above. I looked over at my fiance; he was kneeling and holding a heart container (8-bit!) made out of Legos. The ring was inside. Obviously I said yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment